1.15.2007

Gifts

Have you ever stopped to think about the things in life that you have that you don't deserve. There is no way in heaven or on earth that you should be allowed to have them. You didn't do anything special to get them, they just happened to exist in your life and their is no explanation for them. I am holding in my hand evidence of such a thing. It is a book. The book itself is not what I don't deserve, it is all that book represents.

I guess that is all I really have to say about it. It is cryptic and no one knows what I am talking about. But look for those things in your life. Those things that blindside you on some idle Tuesday. When you notice them, you see yourself and others in a new light - even if it is only for a little while. I am glad that I have such things that I didn't earn, because it makes me want to live up to them; making me a better person.

Anyway. Just saw Night At The Museum. Nothing extraordinary about it. Nothing that takes some time to figure out and find the deeper meaning. Just a movie with a conflict, climax, and resolution. Some of the highlights:
Ricky Gervais . . . better in the Office, but small humorous part.
Dick Van Dyke . . . kicking ass and taking names.
Hearing Ben Stiller having a heart to heart with Attilla the Hun.

No comments: