12.02.2005

While I Was Out

I do apologize for being absent. It isn't really like you are all sitting on pins and needles waiting for an entry anyway, so quit.

Well I had a great Thanksgiving. I went to see Dad. Every visit gets better and better. I see him so differently now that I have grown up, and he has grown up. It was really good to get away from St. Louis for awhile. I love St. Louis, but everything has it's limit with me, and I had hit it about a month ago. It was good to just get out of town, maybe some of you can relate. Sometimes just a change of scenery can be good.

I feel like things are stale here. This is not a dig at anything, or anyone here - it is all just . . . stale. I feel like I am stuck, not really knowing what to do next. Do I keep working where I work? People keep telling me to quit. Do I go onto something new? But what would that be, I don't know how to do anything else. Do I go back to school? Where would I find the money for that?

I have been itching to see Shop Girl for a month now. I had it all worked out to go, even people who would actually go and see it with me (my taste in movies is not for everyone). The show time I picked no longer exists. It existed this morning, but not now. So I am at a loss. I gear myself up to look forward to something, only to be let down (could that be about more than just the movie?).

I might have more later. Big things happening this weekend - fundraising and visits from my mom, but no Shop Girl.

It did snow here on Thursday. Not enough to stick to the ground, but enough to make me smile.

No comments: