2.14.2006

A Blog About Nothing

Yes, I stole from Seinfeld, but I don't care.

Kate - Ben Folds Five
She plays wipeout on the drums
The squirrels and the birds come
Gather round and sing the guitar
Oh i. . .have you got nothing to say
When all words fail she speaks
Her mix tape's a masterpiece
Walks through the garden so the roses can see
Oh i. . .have you got nothing to say
And you can see daisies in her footsteps
Dandelions, butterflies
I wanna be Kate
Everyday she wears the same thing
I think she smokes pot
She's everything I want, she's everything I'm not
Oh i. . .Have you got nothing to say
She never gets wet, she smiles and it's a rainbow
And she speaks and she breathes
I wanna be Kate
Down by rosemary and cameron
She hands out the Bhagavad gita
I see her around every couple days
I wanna see her so that I can say. . .hey Kate

All of that song is true (except for the Bhagavad gita- I don't really believe in that, and the drums part - I never learned to play). I am so awesome. Moving on.

Things I Learned On My Vacation, By Katie
1. I took "vacation days," that doesn't mean I was on vacation. I just drove around a bunch, slept in and watched my mom's cable.
2. I miss the cross puzzlel and crypoqote in the O'Colly (not necessarily the O'Colly, but the time I took every day to do puzzles and the people I did them with).
3. You can't go back, it just doesn't work - it does for about an hour then it all goes to pot.
4. Weddings make me anxious (especially when the accent bows on the pews and the chairs at the table are black with white dots and the dress I wore was black with dots!)
5. Our basketball coach is in deep ****
6. I am glad I don't live in Oklahoma, but I like our speed limit (75)
7. I don't know how to not work. Maybe if I had gone on a real vacation I would have left it all behind. As it was I thought about it a lot and thought maybe I should have just stayed. Is that all I know how to do is work?
8. I love my mom's friends, the are super cool.
9. I see the world in stained glass. I see a view or a picture and I think about how it would be built out of glass (and it disturbed me a little).

I am sure that there is more. But I am done for now. But I do have one question - why is it that only stupid boys call me? I want nice boys to call me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you see the world in stained glass.. then a few weeks ago you must have hit the solder between the colors.. but now you have clear sailing until the next joint in the glass.. are the bumps there to teach us something or just to hold our stained glass lives together? and how could you have so many colors in our lives without the solder? as you found out, you can go back, but it's not the same.. live forward KT.. and save the analysis for when you really need it.. nad

"Good instincts usually tell you what to do long before your head has figured it out."
- Michael Burke