2.07.2006

Pictures Of The Past

She pulles out the same picture every week. She smiles and laughs a bit when she does. I just look at it and smile because:
1- I know I should, and
2-I think the kid in it is cute.
I think the purpose of looking at the picture every week is for me to remember, for me to feel. All I think is "cute kid, but I don't remember her at all." What was that girl thinking and feeling? Was she happy? She looks happy with her paints, even at 4 she was coloring trees. Was she confused? Knowing what I know about that time in her life, I know it had to have been a confusing time. Is there a point of looking at the past? Of trying to remember a time that I can't, for the life of me, remember? I know that girl went through some stuff that had an impact on who I am today. So my one question is:
WHO WAS SHE?

No comments: