10.28.2007

New Feeling

I woke up this morning . . . early. Not as in "early" before my alarm went off, like "early" I had to get up early. I was out late the night before partying it up after the Rockies win . . . wait, that wasn't it . . . right, those idiot Red Sox are winning all these games - jerks. No, I was out with some friends eating big cookies and ice cream, and chicken fingers, and garlic bread. Don't think all those things go together? Neither did I, but it worked out alright.



So, on with where I started. I woke up early, I had to be at church a little earlier this morning for a series of events. A new class, tech, and a meeting. The day got off to a slow start, I was moving slow, and dressing slow. The last place I wanted to be was out of my bed, and I was in the thick of it having to think during the service. I sat down at the computer and I felt something different. It wasn't external, it was internal. As time went on it intensified. I found myself smiling, tapping my leg to the beat of the music, even letting my little mistakes I made go. Was it . . . dare I say it - contentment, joy perhaps? It is a weird feeling, I don't feel it enough to really know - but I think that could be it. Here's hoping to it lasting longer than 12 hours.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a good mood a little Cats puts you in, huh? Might make me break into spontaneously singing Bustopher Jones or some other Memory-able tune that'll stick in your head all day!