10.04.2007

Writers Block


I got this book about 8 months ago. I had the dream of becoming a writer. I didn't care if I was really that good, I just thought I could be a writer. I always used the excuse that I never had the time. Well I have a lot of time now, and I'm not using one damn minute of it.


Anyway - back to the book. I looked all over the internet to find an appropriate picture. It is hard to describe the book - it is an actual block. I couldn't find one - only a picture of the cover, so I decided that I would take a picture of it myself. I think that took more time than looking for the picture, because I hated every picture I took of it. Finally I said F*#@ it and just used one. See that is how my life is and how that part of my life has been magnified by having time on my hands. I use to think if I can't do it really well there is no point in doing it. Now I think if I can't do it really well I will keep trying until it is perfect - and the more you do that the less happy you become with the results and in the end it drives you crazy. What if this free time literally drives me crazy? That is another post I suspect.


BACK TO THE BOOK! Anyway it is an actual block. It is full of words, pictures, and tricks from authors all to get you past the writers block. It can either be used to kick start your idea, help you out of those jams you get into after awhile, or to start you down a completely different track.


So, today I am starting. I don't know what I am starting - I just am. I could be the next great novelist, or the next great nervous breakdown . . . at this point it could be either one or somewhere in between.

No comments: