1.22.2008

Tag . . . You're It

I got tagged today. I have never been tagged on a blog before, but I'm intrigued by it. I think it is a good way to discover new blogs that you wouldn't normally read. So here we go with the rules and regulations that I now have to put myself through.
  1. Link to the person who tagged you.
  2. Leave a comment on their blog so that their readers can visit yours.
  3. Post the rules on your blog.
  4. Share the seven (7) most famous or infamous people you have met. Or go with the original 7 weird things about yourself.
  5. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post.
  6. Include links to their blogs.
  7. Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

I was tagged by this blog http://www.boscardin.org/. I don't know much about her, except from what I saw at a quick glance. She blogs more than once a day (from the looks of things), which is a very hard thing to do (just MHO). She is blogging from California, a far cry from the frigid temps of me here in St. Louis.

I am torn about what 7 things to write about. I think I chose to write about the 7 most famous or infamous people I have met.

  • Carol Burnett - I didn't actually get to shake her hand, but I did get to tell her a joke. And, by the way, she laughed. I can forever say that I made Carol Burnett laugh.
  • Fabio - I was standing at a baggage claim in the Tulsa Airport in 1997, and Fabio walked through with his body guard. The body guard was smaller than Fabio. No one stopped him to ask for his autograph or anything . . . I wonder why not?
  • Greg Steir - The founder of a youth outreach/conferences called Dare 2 Share. I was a volunteer for one of his events here in St. Louis and due to the circumstances of how I came to volunteer and who I was with I got the opportunity to meet him and talk to him a bit about what he was doing and what we (The Bridge St. Louis) was doing.
  • Kim Underwood - Joy FM radio personality and promotions director. The glue that holds Left Hands Music and our household together. Her quick whit, easy going attitude, and ability to withstand hours of Flight Of The Conchords and other movie trivia, is what makes her one of the best friends.
  • Gina Manual - The coolest rocker of the group, and part time dog whisperer. Her laughter keeps us going, and her guitar rifts keep Left Hands Music on the cutting edge of musical performance. She also puts up with a lot of my crazy antics - which, of course, makes her a force to be reckoned with.
  • John Schultz (and family) - Not a famous family, but they are a family of kind, generous, neat, hilarious people who always have a spot for me at their dinner table or on the sofa. It has been one of the greatest honors to be considered their friend. Every single one of them makes me feel humbled by their quick wit, intelligence, and kindness.
  • Andrea Walter - She is the best librarian since Marian (which by the way, Marian helped me today at the library - something I would have posted if I hadn't been tagged). She puts up with a lot from me, including my erratic behavior and cussing nature.

As for the 7 random blogs . . . I would guess I would have to go with the tried and true method of a search. The first 7 that I find (in English)

If I hadn't been tagged today I would have talked abou this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080122/ap_en_ce/obit_ledger
What the heck? Heath Ledger is dead. It is so strange and sad that it happened. I am not personally impacted by this, but . . . wow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, the Ledger death is sad. He will surely be missed by all.

Fabio?! You're right, that is strange that nobody wanted his autograph. What's stranger is that the bodyguard was smaller than he is. Then again, isn't Fabio a large person anyway?

And as for the posting more than a day thing, some of those are paid posts. Luckily, those who subscribe do not have to subject themselves to those posts. =) Usually if I have more than one thing to say in one day, I write it in advance and let Wordpress publish it the day after.