1.20.2008

Where is the line

Where is the line between real Christianity and crazy Christianity? I don't know that I will eve have the answer . . . which makes me sad. There is a kind of Christianity that says - I want to follow the teachings of Jesus, act like he did. Then there is the Christianity that says all sorts of things that he didn't say or do. If you really look at his life, I mean really look at it, he didn't go to "church". He actually showed them the ways that they were screwing up, and they didn't like it. They didn't like it so much that they had him killed. I don't know where I am going with all of this, but some day I want to understand what it really means to be like Jesus, and not like Christians - I guess it has kind of been weighing on me due to the fact that I am going to be working and most likely be a key player in a religion based company

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That poses an interesting perspective. He didn't go to church; he just spread the word of God and taught the people. Yes, Jesus died, but I wonder too. What was it really like to be him?

By the way, you've been tagged.
http://www.boscardin.org/2008/i-got-tagged/