2.06.2007

Here's To Hindsight

I just finished a book called Here's to Hindsight by Tara Leigh Cobble. She says something in her book that wasn't written for me - it was written for her, but it was like she was sitting there with me talking directly to me.

"When you're in your twenties, your friends will start to get married. You'll be mostly happy alone, but you will long for someone who will laugh with you and lead you and tell you when you're wrong - someone who will beckon you to walk with him to the feet of Jesus, who will challenge the way you think about a lot of things, who will patiently help you to be better."

She said exactly what is in my heart. She spoke to that part of me that wants a person there with me in my bed, not a stack of books. I love being single. I love the freedom to go where I want, when I want. I love the fact that I can be selfish and it really doesn't effect anyone but me. But there is that part of me that wants to be important to someone else. That part that wants to be enough for someone else.

No comments: