2.04.2007

More

I suppose it is time to post a little more about Cancun. I'm not sure that anyone really cares about Cancun, but I do. It has been at least 2 years since I have gone somewhere on vacation and felt like the world was ending because my vacation was. I really can only recall 2 or 3 vacations that I can say this, so it is a rarity.



Friday January 26, 2007
Spent most of the day just trying to get to Cancun. Spent the rest on the beach, trying to get the hang of body surfing, looking for shells, and buying 4 pairs of sunglasses (not for me). Stayed up late, ate a lot of food, and consumed a moderate amount of . . . beverages.



Saturday January 27, 2007

Took a bus out to Chichen Itza, a Mayan ruins near Cancun (well not that near, we drove for 3 hours). Saw some amazing architecture, learned many cool facts about the Mayans, and ate some great eggs. No sunglasses were purchased this day.





Sunday January 28, 2007
Went out on a sail boat with a portion of the group. Spent the morning sailing, snorkeling, and looking at the place I want to stay next time I go. Lots of bartering was done at the markets, but no bartering for sunglasses.



Monday January 29, 2007
Came home, and cried because I missed my sandy beaches and the time I spent with my friends there. I don't think I actually cried, but I did feel sad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're a smart___ (alec) when you can joke about sunglasses and you're out of reach from being dunked. I'm just glad Ariel has some new glasses for her collection.. Sounds like you had a fun time, could you have fit any more into your weekend and if so what could it have been? I hear the Cancun 2008 committee is already planning.. nad