4.07.2008

Cause For Alarm

Dear Alarm Clock,

I am not your biggest fan. While I am on the topics of fans - do you have any? You rudely wake people up from deep sleep or great dreams. Sometimes you go off at the most inopportune times. Most times you wake me up during the best dreams. You NEVER wake me up from a nightmare. Why is that. I have nightmares and you sit idly by and wait for me to have a good dream. A dream where I am having the time of my life, or I am about to find the answer to some question like who I am going to marry, what the meaning of life is, who killed the electric car, or where Jimmy Hoffa is buried.

Anyway, I know that I have to get up, but why right now. I would much rather get up whenever I wake up, and then go to work when I get there. I guess that isn't realistic, but why isn't it? I know it isn't your fault - you are just a tool of "The Man." If you were Strawberry, I might be able to forgive.

Sleepily,
Katie Morgan

1 comment:

Beth Sinak said...

I am absolutely loving the month of letters. You're the best!