1.03.2009

Morgan Is Climbing Up On Solsbury Hill

Let's see, what to talk about today? How about death? Now everyone is comfortable, right?

Honestly, this isn't going to be a heavy entry even due to the topic. None of them really have been lately anyway. But the reasoning behind the idea of death is the fact that my old dog Rags is getting put to sleep today - in about an hour. I'm not terribly upset at this point, I know that it won't really hit me until I go home again and he isn't around. The same thing happened with my cat a few years back. I'm more upset for my mom and the fact that she is doing this alone. Has always done this alone with no backup.

We called Rags "The Old Man" because that is exactly how he acted. Like one of those grouchy old men that sit on their porch and yell at the kids who are playing stick ball on the street. The same old man who yells at the paper boy for throwing his paper in the bushes, or yells at a door to door sales man just for looking at his house. That "Old Man." The thing is most of those old men have a soft spot . . . somewhere. Many days it takes a long time to find Rags' soft spot, but its there.

Anyway, Solsbury Hill. Whenever I hear this song I think of The Shining. I know you are asking yourself, "why in the world would a song like that remind her of The Shining?" Well I will tell you, or actually I will show you. I'm sure I have posted this here before, but it bears repeating - because it IS AWESOME! The soundtrack makes all the difference.



No comments: