1.15.2006

God Is Funny

I know God has a sense of humor. You know how I know? I know because I have one, and you have one, everyone has one. Some people show it weekly, daily, hourly, more than that. Some people only use it about once a year or once every few years, but everyone has one. It says we were created in his image, so I know that God has a sense of humor. Sometimes he makes me laugh. Before you fit me for the straight jacket, he didn't tell me a joke, he just made me laugh. He made me laugh in some of the things he made, in some of the people he brought into my life, in some of the experiences I have, and even in some of the ways he works in my life. If I get rejected by someone, it hurts; but sometimes when I get rejected by God (and I don't mean that he doesn't accept me, I mean like he tells me no) it makes me laugh. Like, if I want to do something and it is clearly not something I should be doing a door can get closed. It is not an out and out rejection by God that I am not good enough, but that I am better. And it makes me laugh. Makes me laugh that I thought I could get away with it, makes me laugh that I thought it would be neat or fun. Overall it makes me laugh because God knows that it would be harmful and I chose to do it anyway - but in the end he won't let me.

I am not explaining myself well. Some of you think I get my jollies out of getting doors slammed in my face. Some of you kind of get what I am talking about, but you don't really see how God could work in a person's life every day. Some of you don't get it at all, and some of you might see it perfectly. Either way, this entry wasn't a good one if only because I can't explain it.

No comments: