1.07.2006

Working Title

I don't really have a title for this page today. I have run out of creativity when it comes to that.

So yippie for the free art museum on Fridays. I have never been to the art museum here so I can say the first time has been the best. I loved it. Maybe with Fridays off I can go every Friday and see something different. I felt like I was running through it, but I was with people I have never hung out with before - so I wasn't really sure what to do. They had all been there before many times so they pointed out their highlights. But I do have a question . . . when did a wire bent in the shape of an octagon become art? Or a fluorescent blue light? Or a piece of metal laying on the ground? Man I missed my calling if that is all it takes for art. I CAN see how it could be considered art because you have to think about it and the meaning . . . so ok, I get it. The photography area was shut down, so that made me sad. I like to look at people who do it right, so I can see how to be better (if I ever pick up a camera again for more than work purposes). Ben and I had a discussion about the African masks - so are the sad and angry ones for night ceremonies, and the smiling ones for Saturday morning ceremonies? Like television. Maybe you had to be there. And how about those 3 caged spheres as you walk in the door - kids are going to see that, come on!

Yippie for Mexican food, so much that I can't eat in one sitting, and have to take home a box for consumption later. And how about pens that click nicely and have smooth writing abilities? Awesome. All in all I had a great time. It has been awhile since I have been out with new people and that in and of itself is so scary that it is fun. As for today . . . Stapling fabric onto partitions and hanging window plastic, and if I get really adventurous I will clean my room and it's surroundings. And now, some quality time with Addie.

No comments: