1.30.2006

Saturday

Saturday, in the park, I think it was the 4th of July. Ok, so it was Saturday, but I didn't go to the park, and it was far from July. Saturday was super fun and I will tell you why. It had the perfect mix of me time and people time. I have a real problem with getting enough me time and a real problem with getting too much me time. If I don't have enough I get cranky and whiney (which you all have experienced). When I get too much me time I get crazy . . . I don't mean straight jacket crazy just run of the mill crazy. I, as we have established, am a thinker. As a thinker I think a lot. And as some one who thinks a lot it is not good for me to spend vast amounts of time alone, because I think so much things start to spin wildly out of control to the point of doing things like moving just to move, quitting my job, or packing up my dog and some essentials in the car and traveling the United States and Canada just working to pay for gas to go onto the next town. Crazy.

So, Saturday was a good morning spent with me, reading, working on some stained glass, and just sitting staring off into space. The afternoon was spent with some great kids that put up with me watching basketball (a boring basketball game, I might add - but don't tell anyone I told you that). A little more me time ensued and then off to the City Museum with some friends. Now, I use to want to be Laura Croft the Tomb Raider when I grew up (not Angelina Jolie, but the actual movie character Laura Croft). I realized while trembling with fear at the City Museum that it is not possible. It too all the courage I had to go through a see through tube and not be worried of getting stuck. I always knew I wasn't a huge fan of small spaces, I just didn't know it's extent. I soon realized that if I was going to have any fun there (all there is to do is crawl through tubes big and small) I was going to have to over come this fear. So, after crawling though a large hole, then a smaller, and then a smaller - I came to love it. I also saw the 2 headed snake! The TWO HEADED SNAKE. I think that made me more excited than anything the night. But they kind of hid the snake, and it took me forever to find it. But I did find what I was looking for Bono.

No comments: