1.06.2010

So Much To Say, So Much To Say, So Much To Say, So Much To Say

So many pictures could commemorate my day today. I started off by taking pictures of one of the cats at work. I was silly and thought that would be the most momentous thing.Well it was NOT! What followed next can only be called an adventure because each event was beaten by the following event in craziness.

First I made only the worst Pad Thai ever made. This, was not totally my fault. It was much better than the meal yesterday - but as with all experiments in the new rice cooker not all of them will be dead on the first time out of the gate. This time there were too many noodles so not enough liquid . . . and the list goes on from there. The bonus? I got a toy for my trouble.

=

Oh, but it doesn't stop there. We have been on the hunt for a Battleship game to play. Do you think we can find the Battleship we grew up with in the store? Heck no! They remade the game so now it looks weird and we don't even want to try and play it. The internet has everything, so we started a search. But then Addie had other plans for me. Instead of looking up the game (which, by the way is at a friend's house so we are going to get it in the next few days) I was cleaning up this . . . well I did take a picture but I figured I would spare you. She didn't just throw up a little she threw up a lot. Thankfully I have a lot of rice on hand!
Day 3:
  • Back to the gym. Many more people there today, must mean school is getting closer!
  • Run time: 30 min (5, 20, 5)
  • Run distance: 2.2 miles (0.2, 1.7, 0.3)
  • Feeling: I felt much better today about the decision to start running again. It just felt right to be running (even if it was on a treadmill). I am still sore, and I am feeling discomfort in my foot so I am watching that, but overall it was good. I was able to keep up a fairly good pace during my 20 minute run part instead of having to back down like Monday.
  • Listening to: Sigur Rios, Album: Med sud i eyrum vid spilum endalaust. The first 5 songs on the album are really the key to a good run. Seriously! Instead of thinking about the running I was wondering what they are saying. Band history here.

1 comment:

Julie said...

Glad to hear you are running again.

One thing to keep in mind, you are not used to running on a treadmill. You have to have a small stance and so you may be running a little different than you would normally. That may be causing some foot pain also. Just a thought.